BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday

Agape Love!


If there is one thing that everyone longs for, then I would have to say that it is love! Whether or not it is admitted, every heart longs to know that they are loved!
That is probably one thing about our Lord Jesus that causes the heart of the hardened to soften, they long for something they thought couldn't happen for them, agape, or unconditional love! God loves us with this kind of love!
I found God's agape love and long time ago, but I desired more, I desired agape love from another on earth! How little I knew in God's plan for life, that an unexpected and gradual love would grow and deepen in the heart of another, so much so that they desired to spend the rest of their life with me! And yet his agape love only gives me a glimpse of the love the Lord has for me!
My love for Daniel grew so quietly I didn't know what it was until it was too late for my heart, I was stuck on him! I had been so afraid of another heartbreak in my life, and kept it to myself, never questioning his motives of being just friends! I still remember the night I asked him finally, because my heart was heavy in continuing! "Do you care about me?" How amazed I was to learn that this man loved me, and how much I praise God for his unfailing, unconditional love!
My dear follow bloggers, my quest for unconditional love has only just begun! As me and my beloved continue to grow in our love, I believe the Lord will show us even more the true meaning of the word agape!
But as my beloved fondly states, we love because He first loved us! God is the true example of agape love, He made us out of love, He gave the definition of love when He died for us, selflessly on the cross! No second thoughts, no doubts, He went to die for us out of love!
Do you love someone so much you are willing to die for them?! A fool fights to have what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose! Dieing for a friend is something I would like to say I would do without second thought, but I know in my heart that I would hesitate!
Maybe you to desire to search for agape love, but you don't know where to start! Don't start with man, for man will fail you, go to the one that died an innocent death to save your very soul! Is that not both wonderful and heartbreaking? Who are we that the son of God should die in our place? We rightly deserve the fate that would await us if Jesus had not stepped in, yet He chose to be merciful, and forgiving!
We had no idea what true love was, until God came! And for that, I am ever so grateful! I don't deserve the love of my family, friends, or fiance, and especially not the love of my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ! Love with agape, like Christ did! Thank you for reading, and God bless you!


4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow Rach!! This post is so great! Thank you for posting this =)

Country Girl said...

Your welcome Beth! I love you my sister! :)

Kelly said...

Hey Rachel! Great post, you always manage to get the truth in the message, every time I read your posts I learn so much. I've finally found a friend (you) who has been in my place, done those things and then realizes that God was always there and how blind we are to not see! Thx again!
Miss you lots!

Country Girl said...

Its all for the Lord my sister! I am glad your are learning, I hope to teach everyone what the Lord has taught me! I love you Kelly! I miss you too!