BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday

Rachel, will you marry me?


Thursday evening, the unexpected happened! I got a call from my courting mate Daniel, and he sounded like he had something heavy on his heart! But no amount of preparing could have caused my heart to be ready for what he did say in the end!
He asked me what was on my heart, and that he really needed to know! So I told him everything that had been on my heart for the past several weeks, not leaving anything out, hoping it would put his mind to rest! I heard him sigh when I was finished, and he said, "Rachel, can I call you back in a few minutes?" I said sure, and he hung up! I sat there wondering what I had said to upset him, sure I had just caused him to struggle with all I had said! For 20 minutes, I wondered and worried, so unaware that he was using that 20 minutes to call his parents, and my parents!
After what seemed like forever he finally called back, and he sounded humbled and excited! I didn't have any idea what I was about to hear! He took a deep breath and said, " I sent you an email, you can open it now." As I opened the email, the picture which I have attached to this post popped up! I was speechless, but Daniel wasn't! Because as I looked at the picture, he said in a voice so tender,"Rachel, will you marry me?" I am pretty sure my heart stopped beating for a split second! As soon as I could breath again, I said, "What else can I say, YES YES!" Right after that, I heard my parents laugh outside the door! Then I knew what had gone on during that 20 minutes! The rest of our conversation consisted of telling each other how much we love each other, and how thankful we are that we are finally engaged! It is the strangest thing to think that in a few months, I will be married, and start a new life with the man who the Lord brought to me! I also thought of the title of this blog, and how underneath it says, "My search for my true love." I have truly found my earthly true love! I am so thankful, and my heart is so full of rejoicing and gladness!
I love Daniel so much, and the best part about it is, I had nothing to do with his coming into my life, it was all of the Lord! Now I just look forward to being the help meet God created me to be, and learning to be a loving wife with the Lord's help! You fellow bloggers have been such a blessing and support, and its my great joy to share my happy news with you! God bless you all and thanks for reading!

14 comments:

Beth said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and happy for you both!! =D I have been praying for you two for a very long time =) God is SO good, and He always answers our prayers! I love you and CONGRATULATIONS!!! =D

Kelly said...

You are very lucky to have a man like him Rachel! And that's such a pretty ring!!!!!!!!! :D
My family keeps yours in prayer and in our thoughts!

Sumthin' Good Listings said...

Don't worry I had fun while at Daniel's this weekend even though he was talking to you alot of the time :P lol jk! :) It was awesome to be with Daniel and to get to talk to you this weekend! :D Sooooo happy for you both!!! Its just so neat how the Lord works! The ring looks awesome (I got to see it in person :D) Praying for you guys! Can't wait to see you and Seth! :D Btw Daniel can't wait either! :P

Country Girl said...

Thanks Beth! I can't wait to wrap you in a big hug, cause I need someone to hug right now, cause I can't hug Daniel yet! AHH! lol I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! God bless you my sister! :)

Country Girl said...

Thanks Kelly! I know I am very lucky, the Lord is so good, and I so don't deserve him or his love! I love you so so much Kelly! :) I hope to see your whole family at the wedding! :) HUGS!!!!!!!!!! Btw, going to post on our blog when I get home from work tomorrow if it all works out! ;)

Country Girl said...

LOL! Oh Andy! I love you so much! Ur like my little brother to me that just happens to live in NC! :) Yeah I was feeling bad, I hope that Daniel didn't talk your ear off about just me! lol I am really happy you had a good time with him, I can't wait to see you either! Don't rub in the fact you have seen the ring up close, I still have a month and a half before I will see it! :P lol I bet he can't wait, cause I sure can't! Love you buddy! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Judy said...

Hi Rachel, WOW! May the Lord direct you, lead you and help you in this new journey together. Happiness to you both! Love, J and J

Country Girl said...

Thanks Jesse and Judy! I love you guys, I hope to see you soon! :) God bless!

Love, Rachel

Kelly said...

Okay Rachel! Take your time posting on our blog. I hope my family comes up soon to visit, I really miss all of you, especially Becca! Give her a hug for me!!! TTYL!

Beth said...

Rach, I could use a hug right now. I hope we will get to meet someday! =) It's something to look forward to (unless the Lord comes, in which case I will see you for sure in Heaven)! =) Anywhoo, I LOVE you MUCHO GRANDE!!!! =D I know a few people have already said but the ring is very beautiful, and you deserve Daniel, he is a sweet guy. I am praying for you both! Love you!
Beth

Country Girl said...

Hey Kelly! :) I'll be sure to give hugs out! I love you sister! I have tomorrow off, so I just have to think of something to write, and i'll post! :) BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!

Country Girl said...

Thank you so much my sister Beth! Yes, the ring is very beautiful, but I love its giver far more than the ring itself! :) I actually don't deserve him Beth, but prayerfully, the Lord will help me be the best wife and helper I can be for him! I love him dearly, more than words can tell! I hope you can come to the wedding! I do need ur address if you would email that to me! Again, I love you so so much my sister! God Bless you! I could use a hug....still! lol :)

Beth said...

Rach, I will email you my address =) I am praying about coming =D I could always use a hug! =) I love you!

Beth

Hannah said...

I can't wait to see you Rach!!!!!!!!