BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday

I give my heart, my life, my all to you my God!

 Is it human nature, or selfish impulses that cause us to grip what we want with all our might, and never desire to let go for fear of losing it? Nothing can compare in fear than when we face losing what we fought so hard to keep! Not matter what it is, whether it be your life, your family, your lover, or a possession of great worth! Christian, whether we face up to it now or later, there will come a time in your life, where you will need to give up everything you have to the protection of God! God desires our trust, our hearts, and our loving devotion! When we lose what we fought to protect and keep, we finally see how futile our efforts to control things really are!
I will confess here and now I worry.....too much! Ask anyone in my family or friends, and it will be confirmed! I am weak, and a coward! When you get down to it, whenever I post on this blog, the reason I post anything is because I am reminding myself about what I have learned with each and every one of my weaknesses or short comings! I don't say anything to claim I have reached Christian maturity! Are you kidding me?! I know teen girls and young women more mature in their spiritual walk than I am, and I am older!
God hits the nail on the head when he says that pride is our downfall! Its pride that causes us to blind ourselves to the truth until either its almost too late to turn back, or it is too late! God loves us, he doesn't want to punish us, he wants to bless us! But how can he bless us when we won't even let him show his loving mercy, by not giving everything we care about into his strong unyielding protection?! Any mother will tell you your attempts at order will always fall apart! So why try right? Wrong! So why do it alone? would be the better question! With God all things are possible!
Do you think you could do a better job than the creator of the universe, who can bring people back from the grave, heal the sick, and feed thousands?! If you do, I really would wonder where you truly stand! I have seen so many things in my life that prove there is a God, and yet here I stand, once more being awakened that the only one I can really turn too is the Lord almighty! Must I be constantly reminded?! Or can I for once turn to God IMMEDIATELY?!
It proves how truly powerless we are! This week watching the ones I love so much go through struggles and illness, I worried myself into a frazzle, wishing I could do something, but I saw nothing! Then I turned to the Lord, and my prayer warriors in Christ, leaving my loved ones at God's feet! But Christian, that was my LAST resort, and not my first! How ashamed I am to say I still need to give everything back to the Lord daily! But Christian if we didn't need to mentally give everything to the Lord everyday, we wouldn't need the Lord! If we could fix every problem, we wouldn't need the Lord! If we could save every soul, we wouldn't need the Lord!! Then what need have we of God's sacrifice for our sin? We wouldn't have any! No one can say honestly that they have given everything to the Lord, there will always be something that we mentally have to give into God's hands, which is why we need to turn to the Lord daily, and if necessary, hourly as to be assured of where everything we hold dear is! And at the end of the day Christian, everything you love and cherish will be in the hand of our almighty God!
Christian, I put this challenge toward you, like God did to Abraham centuries before! Give up what you love most, what you cherish most, what you want most, all of it, into the hand of God! Cry to the Lord, " I give my heart, my life, my all to you my God! And with his strength, they will stay there for the rest of your days! Don't be discouraged when you find yourself giving things back again and again! That's human nature if I know anything at all! Ha ha! Christian, a lesson learned hard, is a lesson not easily forgotten, but if we could teach each other, and the world, instead of waiting for everyone to learn the "hard way" how many broken heart could we prevent with God's help?
Christian, God is a loving father, and he teaches us the same way! Thank you all so much for reading, God bless you all!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Rachel! Keep it up girl! :)

Beth said...

This is really encouraging. I can't believe how true all of what you said in this post is! I constantly find myself worrying too much about people and I try so hard to give it to God first but it's hard when you want someone to hold you (I mean someone that you can embrace and that embraces you). I also find myself giving my heart back to God a number of times (sometimes) during the day back to God. I can personally say that it is really hard to let go of something that you want so much, and to let go of those that you love and care about. But I think it really shows when you truly love someone because if you love them you will let them go! Any-who this was a GREAT post and something for every CHRISTian to think about =) Love ya Rach! =D

Country Girl said...

What an encouragement to know that what the Lord teaches me on a daily basis can be such a comfort to others! But without the Lord, my words, and writing wouuld fall flat with no life, or message to give out! I love you guys so much! I pray for you everyday! :) God bless you!
-Rachel