BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday

Reaching Forth!

Hello my fellow followers! It just struck me as odd to think that in a year and a half, I will be hitting my 20th year of life! I feel like a child in a sea of adults in Christ! I have learned so much this year, and my life might have finally turned torward that blooming stage!
I am a child at heart as well, loving to pull jokes and laugh whole heartily, uncaring on whether I come across as crazy and scary....sometimes! The reason I write this post is leaning torward what my grandma is doing with me and my family! For the past week my grandma has be coming over for a "Huddle Team Bible Study" or as my sister Sarah refers to it, a "Huggle"! One of our team verses is Philippians 3:13-14 " Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Life is like a marathon! Life isn't a video game, there is no "pauses, extra lives, skipping levels, or restarts." Like a marathon, its all of it or none of it! If we don't study and exercise our life book (the Bible) we start our marathon of life in bad shape, and we fall behind! With each new hardship or trial, our feet feel heavier and we seem to be getting no where! Only when we train under our schoolmaster Jesus Christ, will we be able to run the race, fight the good fight, live the good life! As a dear friend of mine pointed out, life is to short to waste on those things that don't matter! Until we start running our marathon on the straight path of God's word, we are like a turtle in a bucket, going around in circles with no realization of how sadly pathetic we look!
I have been having my "turtle" moments and not until lately do I realize how silly I have been, when I have God on my side, I should be walking like, talking like, living like God is there! Its not something to say just to make people think you are a good person! If that is what you are doing, shame on you, you hypocrite! Start living like you mean it, or every minute of your life marathon is a waste of your very short period of time!
Trust me Christian, I am sad to say I was a hypocrite, but now God has opened my eyes! And I pray that this post opens your eyes as well, life is short, how are you going to run it?!
I am saving up for Bible college right now, cause I want to become learned in the word of God, not the word of man! I know God will provide the money I need, and the job I need later on in life, but for now, I am in the now! But at the same time, I am REACHING FORTH! I am stirring the waters of a ministry, waiting for what God will do with my life! But for now, you can just read my thoughts and prayers in this blog, which I have grown to love, a place of quiet and remembrance! And my writing abilities, its all God's doing, just me as a person, I could never write like this, only God can take a cabbage and turn it into a rose! So Christian, start reaching forth, and live the Marathon of Life! Time is short, so the sooner the better! Thanks for reading, and God bless you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice post Rachel!!! And just a reminder, it's your turn to post on our blog. I love the pictrue!!!!

Sumthin' Good Listings said...

Great post! We just got back from Pensacola Christian College in FL Its an awesome college. We went there for "College Days" for highschool students to check it out. I totally recommend this college. Alot of great young people there. 1 out of every 5 students there were homeschoolers.

Country Girl said...

Great Andy! I can't wait to see you in a few short days, altho its going to take forever for the days to go by!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Kelly! I am glad you like it! I am really busy getting ready for my vacation so I don't have time to write right now, I will as soon as I can! ;) I love you both! God bless! :D

Kelly said...

That's okay I'll fill in then. That collage is great! We passed it wen we were in Florda! It's was an awesome time, it seems so long ago, it was when mama was pregnant with Noah Wallace!!!!! I was only seven!!!


Sorry about my spelling.