BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday

This is NOW!

Ever have your mind just run away with you? All those things your going to do, be it next week, next month, or next year, your mind is always on those future things!
I always was looking forward to future things, or imagining the possibilities of where a situation might lead....but only to have those thoughts be shattered by some unseen prevention! Like when I started throwing up the day I was going to leave for a trip, or when I lost someone I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with! Christian, only God knows what is coming next...and really, making plans is a pain, and any planner will tell you that anything you plan, is never set in stone! How many times have I found myself wishing that I could make things certain?! More than I like to recall! You see Christian, it would be so boring if we knew what was coming! We would never be surprised again, be a happy surprise or a sad one!
I believe that focusing on the present, is the philosophy we need to execute in our everyday life! The future is uncertain, so leaning on the stable fact of the present, what going on right now is all that is definitely certain! Sure, we all know that someday in the future God will return and we will be gathered in his presence forever! What a wonderful future, but Christian, the rest of our life is made of choices, the choice of wrong or right! The right being obeying the voice of God, and the wrong being anything outside of God's Commands! We can't choose who we meet, or who dies, or what boss we end up with, or any other number of things! We are powerless!
Christian, we need to focus on the NOW! Cause the future can be taken away, mostly by that one thing that most people fear....death! The same applies to unsaved friends, we are only certain about the now, but the future is not at all certain, that person could die that night, or even 10 minutes after your conversation! Believe me, I am not good at this subject, I wish more than anything that my future plans were set in stone! But I know that those plans, Marriage, family, a good career, staying out of dept, all that is uncertain! All I can rely on is the fact I am alive right NOW, I am a Christian right NOW, and I love my God and my family and my friends right NOW! Christian, be certain that your future holds salvation, but being sure that you are not a false convert, and if you are one, you can fix that, RIGHT NOW! Focus on the NOW, and God will hold your FUTURE for you! Thank you for reading, and God Bless!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Rachel this is so true and you're right! I use to do the same things before I realized that what I wanted I wasn't going to get, God knows our minds, thoughts, and hearts. We must be careful to what we do, or we could end up in big trouble!

Country Girl said...

Thanks Kelly! Yeah, I find it hard to focus on the present, so this post came to mind, and I thought it would be a good one to post! :D