BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday

Guarding your Heart


There is alot that we need to guard our hearts from, one of them being, when you believe what your heart is telling you, instead of what God is telling you. We all have a tendency to do that, especially when it comes to feelings and love. We can all say, I have felt it, I know what love is, but really you know what lust is. Love is not a feeling, as I have said several times, it is a decision, and it is back up by your actions.
If you truly love someone, you will do whats best for them, not what is best for you in your mind.
Part of guarding the heart is making sure we don't go diving after our so called feelings. Without God telling us what to do, we shouldn't so much as think about what we think would be what God would have us do until he has given us clear instruction! Sometimes guarding your heart requires alot more than just, "I am not going to do that."
You may have to avoid certain people, or certain places in order to guard your heart. Yes people can sometimes get hurt when doing what is necessary, but they won't get hurt as much as when your unguarded heart does a hair pin and leaves someone devastated and the other one confused. I learned alot from my first relationship, and now my heart is guarded well, but only after me and that other person were hurt, and parents were struck with responsibility on the part of protection.
I am alone, but I am actually in a relationship that matters the most, my relationship with God! And while my eyes are focused on God and his love for me, I have no time to search for my love mate. Yes, every young heart yearns for love, but as long as we have God, the rest will happen at God's appointed time. I do truly want to guard my heart, and wait patiently for the one of God's choosing, and that God would always be at the center. I know I speak on love and God alot, and to be quite honest, without those two things, life would have nothing of value! And to be honest to you my readers, God and Love are the two things that are always in my thoughts.
I hope one day that you to will find a love in God that surpasses any earthly relationship. I also pray that while you are waiting for the special someone, you will guard your heart, and give your love and obedience to someone who loved you before you were born, Jesus Christ! God Bless you and thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, indeed.

Keep up the good work! :D

- Ming (from cTeenz a/c)

Kelly said...

Nice post, true indeed. We all have feelings, but do we understand them?????

Country Girl said...

Thanks Guys! Its nice to see you on here ming! You should join my followers! :D

Unknown said...

I will, when I get my own account ....

- Ming (from cTeenz a/c)

Country Girl said...

Good, I can't wait to have you on here! :D are you starting your own blog?!

Unknown said...

Maybe ... but probably not, I'm not too good at writing. If I do, it probably won't be on Blogger. I thought following only needs a Google account?

-Ming (from cTeenz a/c)

Country Girl said...

yes, following only requires a google account, I was just thinking it would be cool if you did start a blog, cause i think you would make a good writer! :)

Unknown said...

thanks! I guess there's no harm in trying, but it'll need a little planning ... like a goal, strategy, backup plans, backgrounds, publicity management, article caches, etc.

-Ming (from cTeenz a/c)