BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday

Commitment....knowing and doing are two different things!


My heart is overflowing, I am so full of joy, its hard to hold it in! Before getting to my point, I just want to personally thank all of my dear bloggers for praying for me and Daniel! Our relationship has thus far been a very blessed experience, and the Lord is helping us grow in our love and respect of each other!
We all know what is right and what is wrong, thanks to the Lord for blessing us with a conscience! But do we always do what is right? Not at all! Knowing what is right, and doing what is right, are two completely different things! You can know what is right all you want to, but unless you follow through with your actions, it is meaningless! I made a commitment to the Lord to love my siblings, no matter what! And the Lord has helped me over come so much, and now, my siblings love to be with me, What a blessing!
I made the commitment to wait on the Lord to bring me the man he had for me! I committed my life to the Lord, and gave him everything! Was it an easy task? No, not in the least! But it was well worth the struggle! The Lord brought me Daniel! The Lord has used me as a tool to reach others! My heart is filled with the secret joy of the Lord, and even on gray days, I can't help but smile in the light of the Lord's love and blessing!
I am far from perfect, and I deserve death! But I have been forgiven! Have you given the Lord your commitment? Or do you just know its the right thing to do? Knowing and doing are two different things, and yet, they do walk hand in hand! Because you can't make a commitment unless you intend to follow through, and you can't make a commitment without knowing why!
The commitments in my life mean alot to me, and these are the commitments that are extra special! I commit to love my God, to love Daniel, to love my family, and to be a witness to the world! Humanly impossible? Maybe, but with the Lord, all things are possible! I encourage you to search your heart, and if you haven't, go from knowing, to doing! God bless you and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

We have this little wall hanging that says "Faith makes things possible, not easy."

That's a good post Rachel! Keep it up!

Country Girl said...

Thanks Kelly! :)

Beth said...

Rach, This is so encouraging to me! I have been so much better of late just knownin that God is in control of everything and He is in control of my life! Now that I have given Him everything I feel so carefree and I feel like a HUGE burden has been lifted off of my shoulders! Thank you so much for your love and support too!! Love you LOTS!! I thank the Lord for you and also that He gives you the words to write on this blog to encourage others! I know this isn't really a comment it's more of a paragraph :P I love you! Thanks! :)

Beth

Country Girl said...

Beth, What a blessing to see how far the Lord has brought you since your last comment on my blog! :) You sound like your experiencing just what I did when I gave everything over to the Lord, just light hearted joy beyond any other! :) I love you LOTS! :) I thank the Lord that he has given me the words to encourage others, its so rewarding! You are an encouragement to me as well! Your welcome! I love you Beth! :)

Love,
Rach