BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday

Start your day with yourself or God?!


How do you start your day? What is the first thing you do when you get up, or better yet, the first thing you think about when you get up?
Is God the first thing you think about? Or is it yourself? Or maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend? Or the fact you have work today? What is your top priority?
In my first relationship, the first thing I thought about, the only thing I thought about was myself, and my boyfriend! It was a constant chain that connected with everything I did, even in prayer! So I put to you this day Christian, where do your thoughts lay? What holds your mind captive? Is it the Lord? Or is it yourself? If I had asked myself this question 2 years ago, the answer without a doubt for me, would be myself! I was a very selfish proud girl, and still am sometimes, even as a young woman!
The Lord really opened my eyes when he put me through my trial! I saw what I had become, and what had taken the place of the Lord! I had idolized a human being and put them in the place of God! I thank the Lord that I now start and end my day with the Lord! He is the first thing I think about in the morning, and the last thing I think about at night!
If we love the Lord, and truly have a desire to show him our love in our service to him, why are we not putting him first in our lives?! I discovered that when I start my day with myself, my day becomes a horrible mess, and no one wants to be near me, or help me in any way!
But when I started my day with the Lord, my day was blessed! Notice I say blessed and not perfect! I have my day to day struggles, but every time I am confronted by it, I pray to the Lord for strength!
My challenge to you Christian is to search your heart! Where do you stand? Yourself? Or God? Which one sounds better? Which one do you consider easier? If you want you can post your answers in a comment! I hope that this caused you to think hard, and if need be, start a new great habit, and maybe break a nasty one! I pray this will be a good teaching tool for all of you! Thanks for reading and God bless!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for a very necessary reminder--Daniel's dad

Kelly said...

Thanks Rachel! I've been having that same struggle. I am selfish but with the help of our Lord, I'm pulling through!!!! Thanks for the next step to faith!

Country Girl said...

Your welcome Mr Amerson! :) Its all for the Lord!

Country Girl said...

Your welcome Kelly, I am glad the Lord used me as a tool to help you! I love you sister!

Kelly said...

Miss you! But I thank God for a loving and caring friend such as you and friends to laugh with such as your sisters! Loving you back! Hugs! :D

Country Girl said...

Thanks Kelly! God bless you! Love you! :)