BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday

Learning and Listening walk hand in hand!


Just spent the past 2 and a half hours having a blessed time listening to Daniel read from a book we are reading together and from the Bible!
It was wonderful just listening, and learning! Which brings about the reason I am writing this post! If we don't listen, we won't learn! Cause if we just assume we know something, we shut out any new information we might have been able to retain!
I love the little story presented in Joshua Harris' book Boy meets Girl, where he talks about how a little boy was fascinated when his father told him the reason we have 2 ears and one mouth is because the Lord wants us to listen twice as much as we talk! It blew the little boys mind, and he was so fascinated by it that he began always greeting people by asking, "Do you know why you have 2 ears and one mouth? Not only is it a cute story, but it has a good teaching in it! For those of you who don't know me, I am a talker! I can talk to the point that no one can get a word in except me! But it was wonderful to me to listen to Daniel read tonight because, I didn't need to talk, just listen! And I learned so much, just by listening!
The sad thing is alot of us only care about what we think, and how smart we will sound if we explain something a certain way, and whenever someone else starts talking, we are impatient in waiting for us to speak again because we like to listen to ourselves talk! But when we actually dedicate some time to listening, and not worrying about we are going to say next, you will find that you can retain alot more information, and it'll probably be something you didn't know before! So, Learning and Listening really do walk hand in hand! Because we won't learn unless we listen, and no one will want to learn from us by listening unless we first learn what we need to say!
So, I put before you Christian, the next time you find yourself talking a great deal, silence yourself, and listen! You will be amazed at how much you can learn through another brother or sister in Christ! And remember, You have 2 ears and one mouth because the Lord wants you to listen twice as much as you talk! Thank you for reading, and God bless!

6 comments:

Sumthin' Good Listings said...

Good reminder! thanks for sharing!
--
Andy

Country Girl said...

Thanks Andy! :) But you don't need to be reminded to be quiet, in fact you need the very opposite! :P lol Sorry just had to say that! I love you buddy! Hugs!

Love,
Rachel

Kelly said...

Wow thx Rachel! That's a good lesson for me! I normally have two mouths and one ear! Because I talk to much! I need to learn to shut up!

Country Girl said...

We are both in the same boat Kelly! But with patience before the Lord, we can learn to listen! :) Love you!

Love,
Rachel

Kelly said...

Well, it's good to know someONE is in my boat! lol just kiddin'! Ur turn to post on our blog!

Country Girl said...

Be patient I need to think of something girl! :P lol