BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday

My Lady

I believe that everyone has experienced some form of loss in their life. In this picture, is the greatest love and the greatest loss of my life.
Lady was my 15th birthday present from my Dad and grandparents. Ever since I can remember I have wanted a horse of my very own! The day we went to look for a horse for me, I was so excited, I couldn't hold still. We went to a small farm where the owner was trying to sell two horses. He brought us into a big pasture, and shook a can of grain. When I saw Lady, I knew she was the one! She was beautiful, completely black, with four white socks and a stripe of white down her face. She was a lot like me at the time, stubborn and spirited. But she was beautiful and I loved her so much!
I didn't think I would ever want another thing on earth, now that I had my one wish. The days I spent with Lady didn't seem real, as I trained her to ride and lead. No matter the trouble, I enjoyed every minute I spent with her. She and I became so close, I believe as close as any human can have with an animal, but she wasn't just an animal to me, she was my best friend. In my heart I believed it was settled that Lady would from now on be a part of my life until the day she died.
But that belief was soon to be broken, into a hundred pieces. One day, while preparing to go out to work with Lady on her training, my dad took me aside to tell me, Lady was going to be sold. You can imagine my great sadness, I was devastated! I put my head in my hands, and sobbed like a child. To put yourself in my shoes, imagine your dad tells you that he is sending your best friend away from you, and you'll never see that friend ever again.
Just retelling this story makes me cry, even though it's been almost a year since Lady was sold, it still hurts to look back. So, no matter how much you think about how you'll never lose things you love, there is no guarantee. God is in control of your life, and He knew what would happen to you and to me before it even happened. And even though how it ended was the greatest trial of my life, that year and a half that I had with my Lady, was the best year and a half of my life!


0 comments: