BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday

Where is the joy?


The time we spend with the Lord, should be a happy time, a time of love and happiness! But if you were to look around in church, or in Bible study, what do you find?
Boredom, hurried actions, sleepiness, distraction, and maybe even a foul mood! These aren't the actions of people who are enjoying their time with the Lord, but of people who wish this would just hurry up and get over with!
WHERE IS THE JOY?! Why can't we all enjoy each others company, and the company of our Lord, without strained feelings and actions?
Can a family enjoy time with the Lord, when they argued and fought their whole way through the morning? Why is the Lord's day any different from our fun days? Why can't it be the same?!
I can say without hesitation, that the people around you effect how you feel. If everyone is dreading the day, you start to dread it too! If everyone is tired and down, you soon follow! So why isn't the joy of the Lord rubbing off between the people who supposedly love God?! Why, instead of love, we get anger and short tempers?
I wish with all my might, that I could experience a joyful Lords day, or bible study! One that is just electric with happiness and joy! Like the Lords day and bible studies I experienced during my time in North Carolina, all the people I met there were joyful and happy, and they just rubbed you the right way! There wasn't any harsh words or actions, just joy!
I believe that God wants to see us joyful when we come to spend time with him, he wants us to "enjoy" what he and his word has to offer! But how is that going to happen, when no one is joyful? I pray that you are that person that brings the joy back into the church or gathering this week, no more foul moods, just happy smiles and thoughts!
As you can tell, this subject frustrates me on a number of levels, cause I have experienced first hand, a negative Lords day! I want to see joy, not obligation! So, the next time you spend time with the Lord, rub around the joy! Thank you for reading and God bless!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Rachel, I 100% agree with you, well spoken and you're right about looking around in a chruch or bible study!!!!


P.S. I like the way you're wearing your hair! Very cute!

Country Girl said...

I thought you would, I keep thinking, we are spending time with the Lord, why are we yawning and wishing we could go back to bed?! I miss you, I hope your doing well! And thanks, I started straightening my hair cause my mom says it looks really good on me! My hair has gotten longer since that picture, I am going to grow it out for the summer! :) Love you girl, take care! :)
Love, Rachel

Kelly said...

Hey, give my some tips on straighting hair! I cannot do it no matter what! And you're right, why should we yawn? I'm growing my hair out too, that picture on my comment well it's shorter now, I had like two inches cut off because my mom didn't trim my hair and it got damaged! :( now I'm growing it back out! :)
Hope to hear from you soon!
Love you too! Hugs!

Country Girl said...

Well, with the fact my hair is so thin its really easy! I use a flat iron on my hair after is been washed and has dryed all the way. Then I take one section of hair at a time and go from the scalp to the tips nice and slow. (Get as close to the base of your hair without burning yourself) That way there aren't any kinks, even now I still get a few of those, but if you brush through your hair afterward, its usually no biggy, you can bearly see it! ;) I hope that helps you out! :)
Love you right back! HUGS!
Love,
Rachel

Kelly said...

I'll try it some other day, feeling kinda poorly so I'm not in no mood for anything! But that does help, another way I found out to straighting hair is to use a brush while drying it. You start by putting half of your hair on top of your head with a clip and then dry the bottom using the at the same time. Unclip the top and repeat! That works better for me and I use the flat iron if I need to aftwards!
Hugs!
Luv ya!

Country Girl said...

Glad I could help! I hope you start feeling better! Luv ya too girl! Hugs!

Love,
Rachel