BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday

Burning Fire!

When I was little, I said I believed in God cause, its what my parents said, and it was the right thing to say. The story goes I accepted God before I turned 5. But I never understood why I needed God, all I knew was, that's what the good people did.
My parents protected me from the sin of this world, by keeping me with them through out my life. Not to say that I didn't sin, but it was within the confines of my own home. It wasn't until I was 8 years old that I started to understand why I needed God, because of my sin, and that without him, I would go to hell! In my 8 year old mind, that was very scary! And now, almost 11 years later, the Holy Spirit is with me! My Father see things about me that I don't see all the time. I want to witness to people, and as soon as I start witnessing, I am no longer the Rachel I know, cause when I am witnessing, I can quote scripture, and I know just what to say, and in those moments of truth, I feel strong, like not one thing can touch me, even if the person I am witnessing to is angry enough to hurt me, I feel no fear! If that is not the work of the Holy Spirit, I surely don't know what is!
There is nothing like seeing a persons face transform through conviction! It gets me so excited! Makes me think...I HAVE A PURPOSE!!! I feel a fire in my heart for the lost souls of this world! What excitement waits for me if I do what God commanded me to do!
The whole point Christian is, I think that everyone has that burning fire for witnessing, cause, when you actually witness, its the most exciting and exhilarating feeling that will ever pump through your veins! God is telling you, Yes this is what I want you to do! The only way we can surely live for real, is to die to ourselves, and live for the Lord! Only then are we truly free!
Even at a young age, we want to know the truth! My first witnessing was amazing to me...the young man I witnessed to was so thirsty for the truth, and he listened so intently, that the Holy Spirit was just making me sweat with the excitement of having a dry, hungry soul right next to me!
Christian, we were created to serve the Lord, and to bring the lost to him, if we don't do that, we are throwing away our God given gift, and soon we will loose our abilities to witness, and we will need to relearn what God gave us freely! Christian, don't throw away your God given purpose, learn it, live it, Love it! God is just itching to see you pick up your sword, and fight the good fight! I hope that you are just as excited as I am to bring lost souls to God, but in order to do that Christian, we need to pick up our sword! So, learn it, and receive that wonderful feeling, a Burning Fire for the lost souls of the world! Thank you for reading and God Bless!

0 comments: